As women, we are so powerful.
– Lais, we are simply amazed by your versatility and your capability to go through the lens, and reach our heart. Is this just a gift you have, naturally given, or is there more?
– Wow! Well, that is such an amazing compliment. I really love what I do and I try to always put my best foot forward when I’m working. Everyone’s time is valuable and if the people around me are working hard to create beautiful pictures, then I want to deliver amazing images to them as well.
– In this Beauty Opener for Numero Russia, we played with lights, and colors. It seems you found yourself absolutely at ease while doing that. How important is the trust in the artists who work ‘on you’ and ‘with you’ when you are going to be under the spotlight?
– I think it’s really important that you trust the team you’re working with. They have a vision and it’s my job to portray that. So, when things are constantly changing on set I just like to go with the flow. An image can say a thousand words and if I don’t feel beautiful, then it will show through in the image. Trust is how you get the best shot!
– Did you ever dream of becoming a model when you were a kid? We know you were
studying for something completely different when it happened.
– It wasn’t something I initially thought about as a kid. My dream was to go into nursing, but once I started modeling I fell in love with it and am so blessed to be where I am in my career today.
– In what do you find inspiration, on a daily basis?
– Definitely my son. He inspires me to be the best version of myself every day. My family and friends who support me and my dreams and of course the people I work with who surround me as well. I want to always be a fun and positive person because ultimately that’s the best impression you can leave on people.
– Social media and digitalized images: how do you relate with them? Do you ever feel ‘filtered’ in the real essence of you, when an image of you is out there?
– This question is always so difficult because people have very strong opinions about it on
both sides. I believe that all people are beautiful and if you want to add a “filter” then why not? Do
whatever makes you happy. I know what makes me happy and I just try to stay authentic to what I like and want.
– You were chosen to wear the «Champagne Night’s Fantasy Bra» for the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show held in Shanghai, China. Did that experience change your journey in any way?
– Yes, I was chosen two years ago to wear the Fantasy Bra. It was an incredible experience. I think working for Victoria’s Secret overall has been really wonderful for my career. It has opened so many doors for me and I’m grateful for all of the amazing opportunities they give me including that special moment in 2017.
– We love your fierce and magnetic energy. Do you have any tips for those women who want to be more confident/fiercer?
– As women, we are so powerful. Like Beyoncé says, we run the world and I think she is absolutely right! Confidence and fierceness comes within yourself. You have to love and embrace yourself no matter what. I’m not saying it’s easy. There are days when I don’t feel like getting in front of a camera, but I dig deep down to find that self-love. It’s so important for us to find our self-love and celebrate ourselves and each other.
– Let’s go personal: from mom, to mom. How much strength do you receive from your
relationship with Alexander while facing your hectically paced life, and how much, instead, you find refuge in that special bond?
– It’s no secret that I had Alexandre at a young age. Becoming a teenage mother was very difficult, but I could not imagine my life without him. I’m blessed to have help from my family when I’m traveling and working. Believe it or not, even though he is an active boy, he helps me relax and have fun in life.