Numero Russia talked with the creative director of the story Dani Rull about concept of the story, what is the meaning of water and how Dani managed to do this digital art.
Dear Dani, how would you describe the concept for the shooting?
- 0 gravity, a pause from the chaotic world we live in. A scape to stress, the fantasy of getting into an alternative new world under water.
Why did you choose water and a naked male as a story? Were they're 2 main heroes of the story?
- I wanted to get into the narrative of a new organic language, and water is such a playful nature state, that it made me literally jumped onto it. And no, Jason was always my only choice.
Does WATER has a special meaning to you?
- Water is lightness, a new unprejudiced world was down under, so conceptually talking there was no other way than full monty! It was a very authentic, humble, and sincere gift as an exercise for Jason. So proud of my friend!
Was it your inspiration? Or what was it?
- Australia is always very inspiring… it was so hot, the strong and bright light was an invitation to develop this story.
What was the most funny or exciting part of the shooting?
- I really wanted Jason to have bleached eyebrows for the story! He said NO from the beginning, I could only convince him by doing it to all the team! There is a very cool and funny pic of all of us (6 people) with strong platinum bleached brows!
This cover is something incredible, it’s a new way of doing fashion - blending fashion photography and digital art, what do you think of it in general?
- Paper is sadly an endangered species in this and many industries, maybe it is a middle way to this matter, it also gives so many possibilities.
Why did you decide to use this technology in your work?
- I love doing fashion films, even though it is a bit more difficult in terms of retouching, it really is fun! And there is no other way of doing what I do with no fun. I love my job
CREATIVE DIRECTOR: DANI RULL @danirull.official
PHOTOGRAPHER: JAMES FISHER @jamesfisherphoto
GROOMING: DANI RULL for DIOR @diormakeup
LIGHT TECHNICIAN: MATTEO MACRI
1ST ASSISTANT: ARCHIE STRATACOM
PHOTO ASSISTANT: SANDRA BARBEYTO
VIDEO EDITOR: JUANJO MARTINEZ @juanjosmart
DIGITAL RETOUCH: @haut_touch
MODEL: JASON MORGAN @jasonmorgan35 for SIGHT MANAGEMENT @sightmanagement
POOL SCENTED WITH DIOR PARFUME @dior